Saturday 9 February 2013

I love Saturday!

Don't you just love Saturdays? I do, the children are home from school and hubby is home from work, which means I get a lie in and if I want I get my sewing done too!
I try and make sure that if I sew on a Saturday that I sew for me!
Today I was going to sew at my mums house as she did some knitting but best made plans and all. My 2nd child, Olivia, has been ill for most of the week and last night took a turn for the worst. Hubby needed to go out today to get the dog microchip, so I had to stay at home. I didn't mind so much as I got my sewing done and I got to stay in my Pj's, who can complain about that!

This is why I quilt

I love to see my babies wrapped up in them making them feel better!


I am I big fan of Jennifer Chiaverini who writes the Elm Creek Quilt books. My mum started to read them and got me hooked!
They are based on a circle of quilters, who open a quilters retreat in a manor house, I really want to live there ssooooo bad!
She also has pattern books, which have the patterns of the quilts made in the books.

In the first book, Sarah is learning to quilt from a master quilter and owner of the manor house.
They start with a sampler quilt, which is what I have been working on today.


I have added a twisted boarder on this also. I'm so pleased with how it's turned out, I just need to sandwich it and get it quilted. I still need to decide how to quilt it and I'm a little scared to do it as it's taken  me so long to finish the top.
This will be taking pride and place on my super king size bed when it's finished, and the hubby won't be allowed any where near it, or the kids! lol



6 comments:

  1. Hello Leigh-Anne. I just hopped over from your mum's blog!
    I used to do a bit of quilting but haven't done any for a few years now.
    Your designs are wonderful, I love the one here that you have made to go on your bed, it's stunning.
    I hope your daughter is feeling better soon
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks i'm glad you like it, I can't wait to get it finished! She's a lot better today x

      Delete
  2. I see that Sue (Bearhouse) has become a follower....she's one of mine and is lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leigh-Anne, I popped over from Anne-Maries blog... Your blog is wonderful.. thank you for the tutoral... joined you as a follower as to pop back soon... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I popped over from your mums blog and was delighted looking at your beautiful quilts. You're very talented. I have a few friends that would love your blog, I'll send them your way.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm a quilter also and your site was recommended by Anna of Cuddlebug Cuties. I'm your newest follower. Hope you will visit my blog sometime.
    Best
    Angel

    ReplyDelete